The original Johnston-Willis Hospital in 1909.
Present day Johnston-Willis Hospital.
Our Patients. Our Priority.
While our hospital has changed a lot over the years, our commitment to providing you the best medical care possible hasn’t. You’ll feel it as soon as you walk through our doors – confidence knowing you’ve chosen the right facility for your healthcare needs.
- Expertise. Many of the physicians who practice here are leaders in their respective fields.
- Compassion. Our nursing and medical teams provide you and your family with the care you deserve.
In addition to delivering superior healthcare services, we also want to make you as comfortable as we can while you’re here. Our team stands ready and available to answer any questions you may have about your care. We encourage you to communicate freely and frequently with our staff. Simply put: if there’s something we can do for you, just ask.
Although we know we provide our patients with the best medical care, it’s nice to be recognized by external parties for the compassionate and top-quality care our medical teams provide.
- The Joint Commission has awarded us the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack and hip and knee replacement.
- Johnston-Willis is the first hospital in the US to receive The Joint Commission Gold Seal Certificate of Distinction for Brain Tumor care.
- We are the first non-academic hospital in Virginia to receive the Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
- Our ER is also the only state-authorized Level III Trauma Center in Chesterfield County, which means we can provide fast, skilled care in life’s worst moments.
Johnston-Willis Hospital has been delivering high-quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than a century. Founded in 1909, we offer a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care, and neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center. With our sister facility, Chippenham Hospital, we’ve provided and continue to provide a wide range of services to Central Virginia.
Although our commitment to quality healthcare is reflected by the awards and recognitions we receive, we know the real mark of our success is in our community. Our employees are committed to caring for you with compassion, competence, and professionalism while continually doing our best to take care of you and your family. We strive to help you on your road to recovery while exceeding your expectations.
Chippenham & Johnston-Willis Hospitals are members of the HCA Healthcare network. HCA hospitals hold themselves up to a high standard to meet the needs of every patient, and Johnston-Willis is no exception. HCA stands for the best practices of medicine, using our reach, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help communities thrive.
One of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom.
When you have a healthcare issue emerge, rest easier knowing you’ve got one of the best hospitals in the area in your corner. Just call 804.320.DOCS (3627) for all your healthcare needs.