Johnston-Willis Hospital, an HCA affiliate and campus of CJW Medical Center, has been delivering top-quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than a century. We offer a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care at the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital, and neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center. Our emergency room is also the only state-authorized Level III Trauma Center in Chesterfield County.
Among the amenities you’ll enjoy at Johnston-Willis Hospital are:
- Comfortable accommodations in beautiful, fully-appointed private rooms
- Food services that provide delicious and healthy meals, including a cafeteria and guest trays, Subway sandwich shop, vending machines and gourmet coffee bar
- Convenient and free parking with free valet parking on weekdays
- Expanded, flexible visiting hours to welcome guests any time and entrances close to the emergency department for access after 9:00pm
- Quiet hours from 8:30pm - 9:00am
- Chaplain services are available at any time upon request or referral.
- Nondenominational chapel, located on the first floor, remains open 24 hours a day.
- Safety and security measures addressing cell phone and small electrical appliance usage, fire drills, smoking and the care of your valuable items during your stay with us
- Gift shop with flowers, cards, magazines, and more
If you have any questions, please contact our Patient Relations Coordinator at (804) 483-1234
Finding Your Way Around
You can locate building directories overhead in the halls and on the walls in our hospital. Our friendly staff and volunteers will also help you get where you need to go. Visitor lounges are located on most floors, with special areas for families of patients in surgery, critical care and emergency.
Discharge / Going Home
When your doctor decides you’re ready to leave the hospital, you’ll receive a discharge order with instructions for follow-up care and your next appointment with your doctor. Checkout time is 11:00am on the day of discharge.
If your physician specifies the need for home medical equipment or home healthcare, our social work department may coordinate efforts with our in-house Medicare-certified home healthcare agency. Services include nursing; home infusion; pharmacy; physical, speech and occupational therapy; medical social services and home medical equipment.
On your way out, you’ll stop by the hospital cashier to settle your account, and then a hospital representative will escort you to the transportation you have arranged for your ride home.