Who is Sarah?
Sarah Cannon is the global cancer institute of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
Johnston-Willis Hospital is proud to join the leading network of experts from Sarah Cannon to create a new era of collaborative cancer care in Richmond, Virginia. This network consists of an unrivaled team of trusted local physicians throughout HCA Virginia and global cancer resources that are unmatched by any single cancer center.
Working together, we are redefining cancer care so that each person facing cancer can fight the disease where they get their greatest strength—in their own community with the support of friends and family nearby.
Complete, Expert Cancer Care
At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital, you will have a team of cancer experts working together to provide you with the best treatment at the right time in your journey. Your dedicated cancer care team will include:
- Specialized physicians
- Oncology-certified nurses
- Oncology nurse navigators
- Specialized pharmacists
- Oncology social workers
- Rehabilitation specialists (including specialists in lymphedema therapy)
Together with Sarah Cannon, we offer you integrated cancer services with convenient access to leading-edge therapies. Our specialists have decades of experience in screening, diagnosing and treating cancers including but not limited to:
- Blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma
- Brain tumors
- Breast cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer, including colorectal, esophageal, pancreatic, stomach and hepatobiliary
- Gynecologic cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Lung and chest cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer, including melanoma
- Thyroid cancer
- Urologic cancer
- Cancers that have spread (metastasized) to other parts of the body
Other services offered include:
- Minimally invasive surgical options
- Advanced Diagnostic Breast Center
- Cancer Resources
- Cancer Support Groups
While we provide both leading inpatient and outpatient cancer treatments, we know the journey is more than your medical treatment. It’s also assisting you with the range of emotions you’ll experience. That’s why we’re pleased to provide cancer support services, including the Hawthorne Cancer Resource Center, which offers weekly cancer support groups.
Meet Your Oncology Nurse Navigators
Oncology nurse navigators specialize in cancer. Your nurse navigator is your advocate and educator from diagnosis through survivorship. Learn more about oncology nurse navigators.
Award-Winning Cancer Care Under One Roof
Receiving a diagnosis of cancer is devastating. Experience and convenience are priorities when you're researching cancer treatment facilities.
Several national accrediting institutions have recognized Sarah Cannon’s cancer care team at Johnston-Willis for their excellence in care. Accreditations and awards received include:
- Comprehensive Community Cancer Program accreditation - American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award Winner
- First hospital in the U.S. to receive The Joint Commission Gold Seal Certificate of Distinction for brain tumor care
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence – American College of Radiology
- America's Best Breast Centers – Women’s Choice Award
In addition, the cancer care team at Johnston-Willis participates in national clinical research trials, giving patients access to more possible treatment options. We are also a host site for the latest cancer treatment technologies, including Gamma Knife, MammoSite partial breast irradiation and Trilogy stereotactic body radiosurgery.
Every detail of our cancer care facility was designed to make your treatment as convenient and comfortable as possible. While other facilities may ask you to visit different buildings and locations for diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy, radiation oncology and follow-up appointments, we’ve integrated these critical components of your treatment under one roof – just a few steps from our free valet and convenient parking.