Expert ER care in Richmond
Johnston-Willis Hospital’s emergency room in Richmond has the technology and training to provide your family with quality emergency care 24/7. Our hospital includes a level III trauma center for patients who are critically injured or ill as well as certifications for chest pain and strokes.
You can rest a little easier at night knowing your nearest emergency room is prepared to handle any medical emergency you or a family member have at any time of day.
ER wait times you can trust
No one wants a long wait in the emergency room. That’s why we publish our ER wait times online, on billboards and via text message. Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 23000 to find out the average ER wait time at Johnston-Willis Hospital. We are focused on one thing: getting you the best care quickly. Our average wait time last year was just 10.7 minutes.
Our ER staff assesses each patient upon arrival, meaning there is virtually no wait time for potentially life-threatening conditions, such as chest pain or stroke.
Our board-certified ER physicians and RNs are experienced at providing comprehensive care for all ages, including children. When your child needs medical attention, we offer the pediatric expertise they require in a compassionate environment.
Johnston-Willis Hospital emergency room fast facts
- Virginia Department of Health level III trauma center
- Certified Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care with cardiologists to evaluate and manage patients’ care and a dedicated nurse serving as the on-site chest pain coordinator
- Certified comprehensive stroke center with neurologists on site to evaluate and manage patients' care and trained staff for all levels of stroke care
- Hospitalists providing on-site coverage 24/7
- Tele-psychiatry services, expeditiously assess and triage patients with behavioral health needs
- 100 percent accredited equipment (CT, X-Ray, mammography, MRI) in the radiology department
- Certified by AARC for quality respiratory care services
Every member of our ER staff has to go through rigorous amounts of training including:
- Emergency Nursing Certification
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) certification
- Use of the Artemis Broselow pediatric accurate dosing system for children
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification