Prostate cancer affects 1 in 6 men. Fortunately, there are many treatment options for prostate cancer. At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital, our doctors use the least invasive and most advanced therapies available. Treatment plans include both surgical and nonsurgical therapies. Our cancer care team provides everything you need from initial diagnosis and staging (extent of spread) through treatment and follow-up care.
Prostate Cancer Treatment
Prostate cancer treatment at Johnston-Willis Hospital may include:
- Minimally invasive surgical options with the da Vinci robotic surgical system for a faster recovery
- A multidisciplinary physician team approach to care
- Multiple radiation therapy programs based on your individualized needs (including brachytherapy, which is an alternative to surgery with minimal side effects)
- Psychosocial oncology and distress assessment
- Infusion services staffed by chemotherapy-certified nurses who provide ongoing education and support
- Access to clinical trials
- The Hawthorne Cancer Resource Center, which provides educational materials and a resource library
- Support groups to guide you from diagnosis through treatment, recovery and life after cancer
- Referral to the American Cancer Society’s prostate cancer support group (please call 1-800-ACS-2345 for meeting dates and locations)
- Cancer survivorship planning
Learn more about our cancer resources.
For more information about our prostate cancer services, please call askSarah at (804) 591-4152.