When you need surgery, trust the innovative, experienced surgeons and clinical staff at Johnston-Willis Hospital to deliver top quality, compassionate surgical care close to home.
Your Best Choice for Surgical Services
We use the latest medical technologies in order to offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient procedures.
We perform both inpatient and outpatient procedures and surgeries, depending on the type of surgery and anticipated recovery.
Our multispecialty surgical team includes highly trained physicians, anesthesiologists, nurses and other healthcare professionals. Our goal is to provide you with expert personal care in an inviting and comfortable environment that promotes your health and recovery.
Johnston-Willis Hospital’s patient-focused surgical services give you the benefits of:
- Skilled, board-certified surgeons trained at the nation's top medical schools
- Surgical suites equipped with advanced technology, including the da Vinci® robotic surgery system for faster recovery times
- We perform the most complex spinal surgeries, and when appropriate use Mazor Robotics for pinpoint accuracy
- Laparoscopic and other minimally-invasive surgical approaches that reduce pain and scarring and encourage faster recovery
Our Surgical Specialties
We offer many surgical specialties, including:
- Brain surgery, including surgeries for brain cancer
- Breast surgery, including breast reconstruction
- Colon and rectal (colorectal) surgery, including surgeries for colon and rectal cancers
- Gastrointestinal Surgery, including surgeries for gastrointestinal cancers
- General Surgery
- Gynecologic surgery, including surgeries for gynecologic cancers
- Minimally invasive robotic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Urogynecologic surgery
- Urological surgery
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have five dedicated endoscopy suites, which are separate from our traditional operating rooms. We perform procedures such as bronchial thermoplasty, cancer staging, and endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS).
Your comfort and safety are our main priorities. Please be assured that when you choose Johnston-Willis Hospital for your endoscopy procedure, you’ve chosen the hospital with the experience, care and compassion you’re looking for. Our goal is to get you back on your feet and on the road to recovery.
Endoscopy is a nonsurgical procedure used to examine a person's digestive tract. Using an endoscope, a flexible tube with a light and camera attached to it, your doctor can view pictures of your digestive tract on a color TV monitor. The endoscope can either be inserted orally or rectally, depending on the part of the gastrointestinal tract that requires an exam.
Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we perform more da Vinci® robotic surgeries than any other single facility in Central Virginia. We are the first in Virginia and one of only three hospitals in the nation to be designated as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) by the Surgical Review Corporation.
The COERS designation recognizes hospitals and surgeons who demonstrate a commitment and ability to consistently deliver safe, effective, evidence-based care through a structured program to help robotic surgeons continuously improve quality of care and patient safety. Only physicians who meet these stringent qualifications and demonstrate proven aptitude through surgical experience are invited to be part of COERS.