The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses everyday. We are proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor every quarter.
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 2000 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes, who died of complications of an autoimmune disease in 1999, at the age of 33. During Patrick’s hospitalization, his family was awestruck by the care and compassion his nurses provided not only to Pat, but also to the entire family.
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony on his or her unit, and will receive a certificate, a DAISY Award pin and a beautiful hand-carved stone sculpture.
Nominate a Nurse
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees are invited to nominate a Chippenham & Johnston-Willis Hospitals’ nurse for The DAISY Award. Please nominate a nurse who consistently:
- Goes above and beyond to care for the holistic needs of the patient and family
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism
- Job performance exemplifies the mission, vision and values of SJRMC
- Is thoughtful, compassionate and caring in all situations
- Is energetic and passionate about patient care
- Takes time to educate and include the patient and family during the care process
For more information, go to The DAISY Foundation.