Emergency room care.
When you need emergency care in Richmond, Virginia, you want to know you are getting the best care as quickly as possible. In fact, our average ER wait time last year was just 10.7 minutes.
The Johnston-Willis Hospital ER is prepared to handle any medical emergency you or a loved one have at any time of day. Our physicians are board certified in emergency medicine and provide care for all ages.
Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 32222 to find out the HCA ER wait times closest to you (message and data rates may apply).
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
When to visit: Emergency room or doctor visit?
You need the right care at the right place. Sometimes it's hard to know if you should seek emergency care, urgent care, or schedule an appointment with your provider.
Why choose us: Expert care, comfort, and convenience.
Our top priority is making sure you get the care you need quickly and that we provide it with the compassion and comfort you expect with HCA.
Our emergency room offers:
- Dedicated FastTrack ER for less serious illness or injury
- Intensive care services
- A Level III Trauma Center able to quickly assess, resuscitate, stabilize, and if necessary transfer the patient to a higher-level trauma center
- Certified comprehensive Stroke Center
- Certified Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, streamlining the treatment process to improve outcomes
- Tele-psychiatry services to quickly triage patients with behavioral health needs
- Complimentary valet parking
- Free Wi-Fi