Pulmonary care in Richmond, Virginia
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we provide effective treatment for individuals with acute and chronic lung conditions. Our team of pulmonologists, respiratory therapists and other lung specialists in Richmond, Virginia will work with you to create a personalized care plan for your long-term health.
For more information about the lung care services at Johnston-Willis Hospital, please call (804) 483-5000
Lung conditions we treat
Through education, lifestyle changes, and the use of the latest pulmonary treatments and therapies, we enable our patients to get healthy and stay healthy. Our lung care experts in Richmond, Virginia can also prescribe effective medications and create and maintain an individual therapy program to restore your quality of life.
Our providers have experience treating lung conditions including, but not limited to:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Influenza and pneumonia
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Sleep apnea
Lung care services at Johnston-Willis
Our priority is to go beyond standard fixes and provide you with effective, long-term respiratory solutions. We're proud to offer our patients a wide variety of diagnostic and treatment opportunities using the latest technology. Lung care services at Johnston-Willis Hospital include:
- Ventilator management by our expert hospital-based respiratory therapists.
- Sleep center diagnostics with our specialists who are skilled in diagnosing and treating sleep-related breathing disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation with our pulmonologists and pulmonary rehabilitation team can help you manage symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) through exercise training. Pulmonary rehabilitation may also include education, smoking cessation programs, nutritional counseling and oxygen therapy.
- Advanced asthma treatments with bronchial thermoplasty—an outpatient procedure that delivers precisely-controlled thermal energy to your airways.
- Pulmonary function testing labs perform diagnostic tests to measure lung capacity and gas flow rates, determining how gases are exchanged in your lungs. We test lung mechanics to determine the strength your respiratory muscles can generate, which enables us to develop the best treatment plan for your specific needs.
- Bronchoscopy diagnostic and treatment labs to diagnose lung diseases and other pulmonary conditions.