Comprehensive medical rehabilitation.
Johnston-Willis Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Center in Richmond, Virginia provides comprehensive medical rehabilitation to adults with physical impairments and disability resulting from disease, dysfunction, or trauma.
Our interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals strives to provide treatment in a caring and compassionate manner that respects and adheres to the principles of individual differences, patient confidentiality, and holistic healthcare.
Your premier inpatient rehabilitation center.
Located on the 5th floor of Johnston-Willis Hospital, the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center is accessible to all major highways, with valet and self-parking options at each of our entrances.
Our rehabilitation team is committed to the following goals:
- Provide patients with an individualized treatment program to maximize independence, mobility, communication, and leisure skills
- Provide support and education to patients and their families to promote a successful return to their homes
- Optimize patient recovery and manage ongoing medical conditions
- Provide integrated inpatient and outpatient care that will serve as a model for rehabilitation in our community
- On-campus of an acute care hospital
- Timely access to medical specialists, diagnostics, and treatment options
- One-to-one therapy program (3 hour/day minimum)
- In-house dialysis
- Canine pet therapy program
- Onsite cancer treatment
- Walgreens Pharmacy on-campus with prescription delivery service to room upon discharge
- Therapy kitchen
- Complimentary internet access
- Wii Fit (exercise game)
- Washer and dryer
- Access to cafeteria, Subway, cafe, and coffee bar
- Gift shop
From your first day with us, we will be preparing for your discharge back to your home and community. Your therapists will discuss safety issues with you and identify possible obstacles in your home. Your Discharge Planner will assist you in planning for discharge and coordinate referrals for continued therapy, support, and educational services.
Your multi-disciplinary care team may consist of:
- Rehabilitation/internal medicine physician
- Rehab nursing
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Speech language therapist
- Respiratory therapist
- Registered dietitian
- Social worker/discharge planner
Patients wear their own clothes during their stay. We suggest you bring comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that is easy to launder. A washer, with laundry detergent, and dryer are located on the unit for your convenience. You may want to label your belongings with your name.
Items to bring include:
- Tennis shoes, sneakers, or other comfortable shoes with rubber soles
- Sweat pants, casual slacks, or shorts
- Shirts or blouses (some pullovers, some with buttons)
- Pajamas / night gowns, bathrobe
- Undergarments and socks
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hairbrush and comb
- Razor (blade or electric), shaving cream, after-shave
Your daily schedule will consist of 3 hours of rehabilitation a day for a total of 15 hours a week.
On Graduation Day, discharge is planned to take place before noon. Your discharge planner is the primary contact for you and your family. Your discharge planner will:
- Provide updates on your progress
- Schedule conferences and training
- Assist in planning for discharge
- Coordinate referrals for after rehab care