Thyroid cancer develops from the tissues of the thyroid gland (the organ at the front of the neck that forms the Adam's apple). At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital, our cancer care team uses the least invasive therapies available to treat thyroid cancer at the earliest stage possible. We’ll create a treatment plan that’s right for you—all in a compassionate, healing environment that is close to home.
Thyroid Cancer Treatment
Thyroid cancer treatment at Johnston-Willis Hospital includes:
- Minimally invasive surgical options with the da Vinci robotic surgical system for a faster recovery
- A multidisciplinary team approach to care
- Infusion services staffed by chemotherapy-certified nurses who provide ongoing education and support
- On-site radiation therapy services
- Access to clinical trials
- The Hawthorne Cancer Resource Center, which provides educational materials and a resource library
- Cancer survivorship planning
- Support groups to guide you from diagnosis through treatment, recovery and life after cancer
Learn more about our cancer resources.
For more information about our thyroid cancer services, please call askSarah at (804) 591-4152.