When joint pain is severe and interferes with daily activities and work, joint replacement may be an option. At Johnston-Willis, we're certified by The Joint Commission for Total Hip Replacements.
Signs that it might be time for a hip replacement:
- You're no longer as mobile as you'd like to be
- Your pain persists or recurs over time
- Your hip aches during and after exercise
- Medication and using a cane aren't delivering enough relief
- Your hip stiffens up from sitting in a car or not moving for a certain period of time
- The pain prevents you from sleeping
- Your hip is stiff or swollen
If you're suffering from chronic hip pain, it's time to call the surgeons at Johnston-Willis Hospital for an evaluation. We can help.