Level III Trauma Center - serving you.
The Level III Trauma Center at Johnston-Willis Hospital in Richmond, VA is prepared to treat your critical injuries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our specially trained physicians, surgeons, and medical professionals are prepared to provide you the attention you need. If you require additional medical care we can’t provide, we quickly and safely transfer you by ambulance or helicopter to a Level I or Level II Trauma Center.
Our Level III Trauma Center includes:
- A comprehensive team of trauma trained and board certified surgeons across varying specialties
- Prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care, and stabilization for critically injured patients
- A comprehensive program to regularly review of our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physician
- A program to evaluate quality and provide ongoing staff education program to ensure we continue to provide high quality care to the community
- A community outreach program to help prevent injury for people in the Richmond area
Critical care before you arrive.
Trauma care begins with an Emergency Medical Services (EMS) response. We work closely with our EMS partners to provide critical care before you even arrive at Johnston-Willis Hospital. Your survival often depends on the EMS provider’s ability to rapidly evaluate you and determine the appropriate diagnosis, so we can best anticipate and prepare for your immediate needs. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
If you aren’t certain about a critical care situation, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day, by phone at 804-320-3627.