Urologic cancer affects both men and women and includes cancers of the bladder, kidney, prostate and testicles. The highly trained physicians and staff at Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital perform a wide range of advanced treatment options, including minimally invasive robotic surgery. We work with you to determine the best plan to restore your quality of life.
Urologic Cancer Treatment
Urologic cancer treatment at Johnston-Willis Hospital includes:
- Minimally invasive surgical options with the da Vinci robotic surgical system for a faster recovery
- A multidisciplinary team approach to care
- Chemotherapy for bladder cancer (including chemotherapy drugs sent directly to the bladder through a catheter)
- Diagnosis and removal of bladder cancer using minimally invasive transurethral resection of the bladder (TURB) surgery
- On-site radiation therapy services
- Infusion services staffed by chemotherapy-certified nurses who provide ongoing education and support
- Access to clinical trials
- The Hawthorne Cancer Resource Center, which provides educational materials and a resource library
- Cancer survivorship planning
- Support groups to guide you from diagnosis through treatment, recovery and life after cancer
Learn more about our cancer resources.
For more information about our urologic cancer services, please call askSarah at (804) 591-4152.