Orthopedic specialists in Richmond, Virginia
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we understand that muscle, joint and spine pain can keep you from an active lifestyle and affect your physical and emotional wellness. That is why our trusted orthopedic surgeons and doctors are committed to relieving your pain and getting you back to enjoying life as soon as possible.
For more information about our orthopedic center, please call (804) 320-3627.
Orthopedic conditions and treatments we treat
Our orthopedic and spine specialists are experts in treating the musculoskeletal system, which is made up of bones, muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and cartilage. We use advanced technology to find the cause of your pain and work with you to create a personalized treatment plan to restore your range of motion and functionality so you can move freely again.
Johnston-Willis' orthopedic doctors and surgeons have expertise in a wide range of orthopedic conditions and treatments, including:
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Bone spurs
- Broken bones
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cartilage and meniscus repair
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Hip replacement
- Impingement (pinched nerve)
- Joint dislocation
- Joint pain
- Knee replacement and knee resurfacing
- Ligament repair (ACL, PCL, LCL)
- Lumbar disc replacement
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Neck and back pain
- Overuse or repetitive stress injury
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Rotator cuff repair
- Sciatic pain
- Shoulder replacement
- Spine care
- Spinal tumors
- Sports injuries, including concussions
- Tendon and cartilage injury
- Tennis elbow
- Traumatic injury
- Trigger finger
Trust us for expert orthopedic and spine care in central Virginia
Our orthopedic and spine team in Chesterfield County is with you throughout your entire journey to improved health with education, support and excellent care. Patients choose us for:
- Programs accredited by The Joint Commission: Our total hip and total knee replacement programs are approved by the nation's leading authority on quality care, outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Care in a full-service hospital: If surgery is necessary, it is at a hospital with all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery.
- Fellowship-trained, board-certified specialists: Your care comes from board-certified doctors, specially trained in orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, sports medicine and neurosurgery. Many specialists are also fellowship trained in their fields.
- Comprehensive care you deserve, all in one place: We have the latest imaging and tests available to evaluate and diagnose orthopedic conditions at the earliest stages. Our hospital also offers both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation services. This means you can get diagnostics, treatment and therapy in one place, from one team.
- Facilities dedicated to your condition: Johnston-Willis is one of few hospitals on the East Coast with operating suites, teams and recovery facilities dedicated to brain and nervous system care, which is essential for spine surgeries and recoveries.
Advanced orthopedic treatments
Some orthopedic problems can be resolved easily with lifestyle changes or strengthening exercises while other issues require more complex treatment. If nonsurgical solutions will not alleviate your pain and symptoms, our orthopedic surgeons use the latest technology to perform the least invasive surgical procedures possible.
Robotic spine surgery
Johnston-Willis offers specialized spine care, including advanced technology for spine surgery with the Mazor X™ Surgical Assurance Platform. This minimally invasive technology provides our spine surgeons better precision and accuracy while requiring only a few small incisions, resulting in better outcomes and a quicker recovery for our patients.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Your Richmond orthopedic specialist may suggest physical therapy as a nonsurgical treatment or as post-surgical rehabilitation.
Our expert physical therapists, speech pathologists and occupational therapists work with you to create a personalized therapy regimen for your condition, lifestyle and health goals that will help you recover, regain skills and improve your everyday life.