Expert pulmonary care in Richmond
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we provide effective treatments for patients with acute and chronic lung conditions. Our team of pulmonologists, respiratory therapists and other lung specialists work with you to create a personalized care plan for your long-term health.
If you want more information about our lung care services, you can speak to a registered nurse 24/7 by calling (804) 320-3627.
Lung diseases and conditions we treat
Our providers have experience treating lung diseases and conditions including:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Influenza (flu) and pneumonia
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Sleep apnea
Lung care services
Through education, lifestyle changes and the use of the latest pulmonary treatments and therapies, we help our patients get healthy and stay healthy. Our lung specialists can also prescribe effective medications to restore your quality of life.
Our priority is to go beyond standard fixes and provide you with effective, long-term respiratory solutions. Johnston-Willis is proud to offer our patients a wide variety of diagnostic testing and lung care treatments, including:
- Ventilator management by our hospital-based respiratory therapists
- Sleep center diagnostics to diagnose and treat sleep-related breathing disorders
- Advanced asthma treatments with bronchial thermoplasty, an outpatient procedure that delivers precisely-controlled thermal energy to your airways
- Pulmonary function testing to measure lung capacity and gas flow rates, which determines how gases are exchanged in your lungs
- Bronchoscopy diagnostic and treatment labs to diagnose lung diseases and other pulmonary conditions
When you suffer from a respiratory or lung condition, simple activities like getting out of bed or moving from one room to another can cause you to feel winded and out of breath. But, just like how your muscles and joints can benefit from rehabilitation, your lungs and respiratory system can be strengthened and reinforced with focused activities.
Our pulmonary rehab team can help you manage your symptoms through exercise training, educational programs, nutritional counseling and oxygen therapy so you can live as regular a life as possible.